The New (and Improved) Features of SalesLogix 8.0
The following is a guest blog post by BrainSell’s Senior VP of Sales Engineering, Ross Jones.
There are some exciting new product enhancements about to hit the streets with the latest version of SalesLogix, slated for release this Summer.
One of the areas that has been ‘ready for improvement’ for some time, is the SalesLogix Calendar. LAN Users will know and love the rich functionality that exists there already, but in the Web Client, whilst it’s pretty good, it has not had the richness of its LAN sibling.
Well, it looks like good news. From my testing thus far, the new Web Client Calendar is excellent! Here’s a couple of new Calendar / Activity features:
- You can now add other Users’ calendars into your own view; the layout looking similar to the LAN version and the calendar in MS Outlook .
- Activity ‘availability’; you can now check someone else’s availability before adding them to an Activity (very nice.)
- On-screen pop-up reminder of Activities due (this is a good thing!)
From a pre-Beta version that I’ve been playing with, I have seen some other good improvements throughout the application, including:
- Add a Field to a view (been waiting for this, it’s seriously useful)
- SalesLogix Mobile enhancements, including new landscape view
- Opportunities – multiple update option
More news about these features will follow in subsequent blog posts.
It’s fair to say that the SalesLogix product development team has done a really nice job with this upcoming release. I, for one, will be a happy camper when it’s rolled out – which is expected to be sometime this Summer.
Stay in the Loop
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!