Have I Outgrown My Accounting Software?
When you started your business, your accounting software did a fine job of handling basic bookkeeping needs.
It probably still does. But now you’re growing. That means more business, more customers, more products or services to sell, more employees, more data, more regulations, more competition, more complexities. You may be asking yourself, “Have I outgrown my accounting software?”
Here are five common signs – highlighted from our partner Sage – that your business is ready for a modern business management solution:
- You’re experiencing a lack of timely and reliable information, causing delays in decision-making.
- Departments aren’t able to share their information across the business, creating different versions of the truth.
- Employees are spending too much time on administrative work and manual low-value tasks.
- You’re experiencing too many errors and missing orders.
- Your customer service needs improvement.
Also, here are six questions you should ask to determine if you’re ready to upgrade to a modern business management solution:
- Do you make smart decisions quickly and efficiently? When data is spread through separate spreadsheets and across siloed systems, it is difficult and time-consuming to create reports that support key decisions. Business management software that integrates all of your information and processes in one place is the first step toward improved decision-making.
- Can you streamline your operations to improve productivity and profitability? Automating business processes improves information accuracy and accelerates data flow, thereby streamlining day-to-day tasks and freeing your staff to focus on more complex issues that require more personalized attention. As a result, you can improve productivity while dramatically reducing operating and overhead costs.
- Can you adapt and scale your processes and systems with your business? Your business management solution should not only support your business today but also be flexible enough to accommodate future needs. Look for configurable workflows, multi-site support, and the ability to easily configure your system.
- Do you need to collaborate more closely with partners? The likelihood of needing to team with multiple partners and rely on third-party providers will only increase as market conditions change and competition increases. This will require swift and efficient communication with your partners via a web-native platform, automated workflows, and reliable, secure systems.
- Do you want to expand your business—even globally? If you’re planning to grow your business regionally or globally, then your system needs to support that growth by accommodating global currencies, multiple languages, and widely different regulatory requirements.
- Do you comply with government regulations and requirements? Your business can reduce costs, inaccuracies, and delays by using a modern business management solution that automates compliance processes. These solutions centralize data management — providing a convenient and efficient way to gather and monitor relevant information and eliminate manual procedures.
Transition to a solution that meets your business needs
Unlike traditional Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems that are costly, complex, and difficult to use, cloud-connected business management solutions, like Sage 100 and Sage 300, address the needs of today’s competitive small- and medium-sized businesses. These solutions:
- Connect your purchasing, manufacturing, inventory, sales, customer service, and financial management data to deliver a complete view of your business.
- Integrate with cloud-based services to enable greater collaboration among teams and create a true platform for growth.
- Deliver accurate, real-time information and insights — anytime, anywhere — to provide the type of visibility that enables faster, smarter decision-making.
- Are affordable, easy to use, and highly adaptable — helping you to work better.
Ready to learn more? Get a complimentary copy of our ebook: Is Your Business Outgrowing QuickBooks?
Ready to bounce your questions off one of our Sage ERP experts? Reach out to us via email ([email protected]) or via phone (866-356-2654).
Stay in the Loop
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!