Sage 100 vs. Sage Intacct: 2023 Comparison Guide
In today’s digital age, manual processes are compromising companies’ organizational effectiveness and profitability. The necessity for speed and accuracy has led many businesses to seek out accounting software that will automate various tasks – two of the most popular options being Sage products. Deciding between Sage 100 vs. Sage Intacct is a question many business owners find themselves asking.
Both programs are highly regarded in the industry and offer a lot of features that can be helpful for businesses. We understand that investing in an accounting solution for your team can be tricky, and that’s why we’ve broken down the key features and functionalities of both so that you can choose the best you!
Be sure to download our in-depth comparison guide for the two platforms!
Here is a thorough comparison guide of Sage 100 and Sage Intacct to help your company reach its maximum potential to grow and scale.
Sage 100: An Enterprise Resource Planning Veteran
Sage 100 is a comprehensive, cloud-based accounting platform that can be used for financial reporting, invoicing, inventory management, and more. Sage 100 is typically an on-premise solution with features primarily focused on enterprise resource planning (ERP) and process management. Sage100 can help manage teams’ manufacturing, wholesale distribution, and professional service processes.
Automated Band Feeds & Reconciliation –
- Simple and accurate monthly bank reconciliations
- Automatic detection of unrecorded transactions, errors, and differences
- Keeps track of tax codes, audit histories, government reporting, and privacy/security
- Custom scripting to import data across platforms and automate your processes with ease.
- Customizable user interface
- Users can add new data fields to collect relevant and necessary information.
Sales Features/Sage Contact –
- Allows users to better sale closure.
- Allows users to view important customer and vendor information about customers’ available credit, outstanding balance, and the average time it typically takes to settle a bill.
- Click through payment and invoice histories, review recent customer communications, and read memos.
- Users can speed up planning cycles.
- Accelerated planning velocity with Sage Budgeting and Planning
- Automated report delivery using Paperless Office
- Customizable reports to fit business requirements
Sage 100 is three different bundles. The more features, the more costly. Let’s take a closer look at each plan and what they have to offer:
Sage 100 – Essentials
- Ideal for starting off and growing your business.
- GL, AP, AR, Bank Reconciliation
- Business Insights and Sage Intelligence
- Paperless Office and Credit Card Processing
- Visual Integrator and Custom Office
- Sage CRM and Sage Contact
- Sage Budgeting & Planning
Sage 100 – Advanced
- Ideal for more complex businesses and supports purchase, sales, and inventory management.
- All features of Sage 100 Essentials
- Purchase Order and Sales Order
- Inventory Management
- DSD/Scan Force Multi-Bin Basic
Sage 100 – Complete
- Includes all features of Sage 100 Advanced
- Return Merchandise Authorization
- Bill of Materials
- Mobility for Barcode
Sage 100 pricing has numerous factors and add-ons that depend on your company’s distinct needs. Discussing your company’s needs is necessary before providing an accurate quote.
[Learn More – What’s Better: Sage 100 or Sage Intacct?]
- Customizable AP check layout
- Positive Pay
- Flexible import tool that allows you to upload and import different types of files.
- Inventory valuation methods include Standard, Average, FIFI, LIFO, Lot Number, Serial Number
- On-premises solution that requires hosting and a Remote Desktop connection to provide off-site access capabilities
- Upgrading versions requires a hefty time investment.
- Reporting is labor intensive and often needs re-formatting in Excel.
- Some users may find it lacks ease of use functionality.
- Multi-entity management needs an add-on for intercompany.
Sage Intacct is a cloud-based financial management software solution. Sage Intacct positions your team to grow by enhancing productivity and streamlining accounting processes.
Key Features of Sage Intacct:
- Includes a modern cloud accounting solution.
- journal entries
- audit trail
- AP automation
- Payment Processing
- Sage Intacct’s Purchasing allows you to create a structured transaction and purchase approval workflow.
- Order Management module allows you to streamline quote-to-cash processes.
- Can handle high order volumes and inventory challenges.
Reporting & Dashboards
- Sage Intacct’s reporting and dashboards give you real-time visibility into your business with accurate data at your disposal.
- Sage Intacct has hundreds of integrations – most popular being American Express, Salesforce, Expensify, Workiva, ADP, Workforce GO, FortisPay, Avalara AvaTax Solution, and BILL AP Automation
When it comes to affordability, your mileage may vary with Intacct. The core platform, offering the most basic features the platform has to offer, is $6840/year, with an additional business user license of $3480/year. Additional pricing options are available, but
- Cloud-based with a multi-tenant structure, allowing users access from anywhere.
- Updates are released automatically.
- Dashboards and reports deliver instant visibility.
- Modern account structure and ease of use functionality
- Automated, configurable workflows to eliminate manual approval processes.
- Deep vertical focus and customers benefit from key vertical functionality.
- Unable to change the check layout.
- Requires Marketplace solution.
- Outsourced payroll integration offered through Marketplace.
- No Lot Number or Serial Number valuation methods
Sage 100 vs. Sage Intacct: Which Accounting Solution is Best for You?
When choosing accounting software, it all comes down to the specific needs of your business.
Sage 100 and Sage Intacct are great accounting software solutions offering different features. Contact us today if you need help determining which software is best for your business! We would be happy to discuss your specific needs and help you find the perfect software solution for your business.