What are my Reporting Options in Sage Intacct?
Reporting tools are some of the most important features of any software. Getting a clear top-down view of your analytics helps you make data-driven, well-informed decisions. Sage Intacct reporting tools offer users some of the best, multi-layered perspectives on their prospects. From cost analysis and balances sheets to KPIs, the reports are designed to be customizable, providing you the flexibility needed to keep your finger on the pulse of your business.
With a few clicks, you can create sophisticated financial statements or compare performance metrics across multiple dimensions. Moreover, Sage Intacct’s reporting tools integrate seamlessly with other applications in its suite. Combining the power of dimensions with the multi-entity benefits of Sage Intacct can provide a comprehensive and highly effective solution for organizations with complex financial structures. Here’s how the two features can work together to enhance your financial management and reporting capabilities:
- Multi-Entity Management: Sage Intacct’s multi-entity capabilities allow you to manage the financial data of multiple entities or subsidiaries within a single system. This streamlines processes and centralizes data management. You can set up separate entities for each subsidiary and easily consolidate financial information when needed.
- Dimensions for Detailed Analysis: With dimensions, you can add an extra layer of granularity to your financial data. You can tag transactions, accounts, and reports with dimensions such as departments, projects, or locations. When combined with multi-entity management, you can assign dimensions to specific entities, enabling you to perform detailed analysis across entities and dimensions simultaneously.
- Cross-Entity Analysis: By assigning dimensions to transactions in different entities, you can perform cross-entity analysis with ease. For example, you could compare sales performance by product across different subsidiaries. This level of analysis helps identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement across the entire organization.
- Intercompany Transactions: In multi-entity organizations, intercompany transactions are common. Dimensions can help you accurately allocate and track intercompany costs. For instance, if one entity provides services to another, dimensions can ensure that costs and revenues are properly attributed, facilitating accurate financial reporting.
- Customized Entity-Level Reporting: Each entity within your organization might have unique reporting requirements. Dimensions allow you to create customized reports for each entity while still maintaining the ability to consolidate data when necessary. This flexibility ensures that each subsidiary’s specific needs are met while supporting overall financial visibility.
- Budgeting and Planning by Entity and Dimension: Budgeting and forecasting can be executed with precision when combining dimensions and multi-entity capabilities. You can set up budgets for each entity and further break down those budgets using dimensions. This enables you to monitor performance against budgets by entity, department, project, and more.
- Scalability and Growth: As your organization expands, new entities can be easily integrated into the existing structure. Dimensions can be standardized or customized for each new entity, ensuring consistency in reporting and analysis across the entire organization.
- Regulatory Compliance: For multi-entity organizations operating in different regions, dimensions can help track financial data that is needed to adhere to specific regulatory requirements. This ensures compliance while still providing a holistic view of financial performance. This can be considered project or grant tracking.
When you combine the power of dimensions with the multi-entity benefits of Sage Intacct’s reporting, you create a robust platform for managing complex financial structures. This combination facilitates in-depth analysis, custom reporting, accurate intercompany transactions, and effective decision-making across entities and attributes. It’s important to set up your dimensions thoughtfully and align them with your organization’s unique needs to fully leverage their capabilities within the context of multi-entity reporting and management.
For more information about Sage Intacct, it’s reporting capabilities, and how you can use it to grow and scale your business, contact BrainSell today. Our industry experts know Sage software inside and out and can help you get started on your road to growth today!
Kellyanne joined BrainSell in 2022 and serves as a Sage Intacct Implementation Engineer. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and certifications in Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning, Sage Intacct, and Sage 300. She has a long, demonstrated history of success in the software industry.View Posts
Stay in the Loop!
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!