Drift vs. Ada: 2022 Comparison Guide
If you’re looking for a conversational AI solution to improve your customer experience, you may be wondering whether Drift or Ada is the right fit for your business. Both platforms offer chatbots and other tools to help you automate customer interactions, but they differ in terms of features, pricing, and overall approach.
Drift focuses on providing a conversational platform that allows businesses to have one-on-one conversations with their customers in real-time. This includes features like Drift Chatbots, which can be used to automate customer support, sales, and marketing tasks. Drift is also known for its “conversational marketing” approach, which emphasizes using chatbots and other conversational tools to engage with potential customers on your website.
Ada, on the other hand, takes a more traditional approach to conversational AI. Its chatbots are designed to simulate human conversation and can be used for customer support, sales, and marketing tasks. Ada also offers a wide range of features, including natural language processing (NLP), conversational analytics, and integration with third-party applications.
So, which platform is right for you? Drift and Ada both have their pros and cons, so it’s important to evaluate your specific needs before making a decision. To help you do that, we’ve put together this Drift vs. Ada comparison guide. Read on to learn about the key differences between these two conversational AI platforms.
Download our in-depth comparison guide for the two platforms!
What are the key differences between Drift and Ada?
Drift is best for businesses that are looking to improve their lead generation and sales processes. Ada is best for businesses that are looking to improve their customer support processes.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the key differences between Drift and Ada:
Lead Generation and Sales:
– Drift offers conversational experiences on your website or app to book more sales appointments.
– With Ada, you can create a conversational AI agent to automate customer support tasks.
– Drift offers a live chat tool to help businesses resolve customer queries faster.
– Ada offers a customer support automation platform that helps businesses resolve customer queries faster and improve customer satisfaction.
- Allows users to generate qualified leads through conversations with your website visitors
- Live chat allows you visitors to connect with your team in real time during 1:1 conversations
[Download: In-Depth Comparison Guide for Drift & Ada]
- Allows users to generate pipeline and revenue by engaging prospects and customers with personalized experiences in real time
- Includes everything in the free plan, plus…
- Custom chatbots that allow users to engage, qualify, nurture, and convert site visitors 24/7 with personalized conversations
- Drift Prospector, Lear Routing, and Real-Time Notifications features
- Allows businesses to accelerate revenue, improve sales productivity, and get more ROI on their marketing investments through customization to specific needs
- Includes everything in Premium plus…
- Drift Automation – drives qualified pipeline at scale without the need for more employees using conversational AI
- Drift Audiences – ability to target specific groups of customers with personalized experiences
- Enterprise Configuration
- 1 Bot Instance
- No-Code Builder
- Chat and Email Handoff
- Core Features
- Predictive Suggestion
- Smart Detect
- Advanced out-of-the-box integrations
[Learn more – What’s better: Drift or Ada?]
- Advanced Features
- Proactive Campaigns
- Proactive SMS
- Goal, Event, and A/B Testing
- Lead Creation
- Data Enrichment
To find a plan that aligns with your company’s business needs, set up a meeting with one of our growth enablement experts to discuss specific pricing.
Which Chatbot is Right for Your Business?
If your business is looking for a conversational AI solution to improve your lead generation and sales processes, Drift is the best option. If your business is looking for a conversational AI solution to improve your customer support processes, Ada is the best option.
Both Drift and Ada offer free plans and paid plans starting at $400/month and $50/month, respectively. Each platform offers different features and pricing plans to fit the needs of businesses of all sizes.
If you’re still not sure which platform is right for your business, contact us and we can help you make a decision.