CRM Contenders: HubSpot vs. SugarCRM April 12th at 1 p.m. ETLearn more and register!
August 13, 2013 Business Technologies
How to Create a MS Word Letter Template in SugarCRM
By Sonja Fridell
Doing a mail merge in Sugar can save your sales people tons of time while preparing contracts, quotes or any kind of personal communication to clients and prospects. We use it all the time at BrainSell, so here’s a run down of how you do a simple mail merge in SugarCRM.
1. Making the Template:
- Download the Sugar/Word plugin by going to profile – downloads. Download the correct version of the Word plugin, and make sure to check which bit version of Word you have, that matters! (Sorry Mac users, there’s no version for you)
- Take a template that you want to upload, and open that up in Word. You should now see the Sugar/Word plugin in the right hand corner of Word.
- Click on Sugar settings within Word and sign in. Now you’ll be able to “define” the template.
- Click define, and pick Sugar fields that will make up the template.
- Save, and upload to Sugar through the Word plugin. Now you can select the template during the mail merge.
2. Using the Template:
- In Sugar, hover over documents, and select Mail Merge.
- Now step through the merge process, picking the right account, and contact to be included in the template document.
- Press begin merge and WAIT. DO NOT touch your computer! Just wait for Sugar to churn its magic and enjoy the document when it comes up in Word (-=
Related TagsCRMHow toSugar Sell
Stay in the Loop
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!