What accounting software does Salesforce integrate with?
Salesforce is the world’s largest customer relationship management (CRM) provider. Your CRM can make a huge difference in how you do your accounting. However, it is important to note that Salesforce, like all other CRMs, is not accounting software.
What Salesforce can do is integrate with almost every major accounting software on the market.
If you already use Salesforce to manage your business’s interactions with customers and potential customers, you can also integrate your accounting software with Salesforce to manage everything in one place.
Integrating accounting software with Salesforce
By integrating your accounting systems into Salesforce, you will be able to:
- See accurate, up-to-date financial data on Salesforce and your accounting software.
- Avoid wasting time inputting entries into multiple systems. All of your data will be in Salesforce.
- Manage your accounting records and your sales & customer records on the same platform.
- Use Salesforce to communicate with your customers as you manage their debits and credits.
Once you have decided to use Salesforce to manage your accounts, you must decide which accounting software will work best for your company.
Choosing an accounting software to integrate with Salesforce
When choosing accounting software to use with Salesforce, you should work with your team to determine how you’ll actually use it throughout the lifecycle of your business.
Here are some questions to consider when choosing an accounting software:
- What do you need your accounting software to do?
- Which accounting reports will you need the software to generate?
- Do you need both accounts receivable and accounts payable tools?
- Will you use it to track inventory?
- Does your company need ancillary services like time tracking, project management, and payroll?
- How many users will be accessing the accounting software?
- Do you plan use your accounting software on a mobile app?
- What is your budget for your accounting software?
One you have determined what you need to get out of your accounting software, you then can determine whether to use a native Salesforce accounting software or to integrate another accounting software.
Native Salesforce Accounting Software options
Native Salesforce accounting software is built on Salesforce’s platform. A native Salesforce option will always share Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and IT architecture, which means that they are designed to immediately connect with other applications in Salesforce. If you choose a native Salesforce accounting software, you will not need to integrate any outside software.
All native Salesforce applications have reliable connectivity because they use a data sharing simple stream. This decreases your chance of running into technical issues.
Accounting Seed is the most popular native Salesforce accounting software.
You may consider using Accounting Seed or another Native Salesforce accounting software if:
- You are a Salesforce user and are not currently using a different accounting software.
- You do extensive work on Salesforce and want an accounting solution that will automatically work with Salesforce.
- You have security concerns. Native Salesforce accounting tools like Accounting Seed come equipped with IT security right out of the box. Users can access data security and internal control features through Salesforce.
Off-Platform Accounting Applications
Salesforce can integrate with a wide variety of non-native accounting software. Although these options do not automatically connect to Salesforce, almost all can be very easily and inexpensively integrated.
You may consider using a non-Salesforce native accounting software if your team already knows and uses one of the many trusted brands like Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, or Xero. Or, you may simply find that one of the many other accounting software options can better fit the unique needs of your company.
You may also want to consider one of these non-native options if you do not want to be fully committed to using Salesforce as your CRM. All of these non-Salesforce native accounting software options can integrate with many other excellent CRM software alternatives.
Each of these reliable software options offers different accounting tools and functions which may better fit the unique needs of your company. If you choose to use an off-platform accounting solution, you can create a custom integration to connect your software with Salesforce. You might consider using a tool like DBSync to help you integrate your accounting software with your CRM.
Accounting Software that can easily integrate with Salesforce
Sage Intacct is one of the most popular third-party accounting software solutions that can easily integrate with Salesforce.
Some of the unique features of Sage Intacct include:
- Sage Intacct genuinely focuses on customer service and has the industry’s highest customer satisfaction ratings.
- Sage Intacct is the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the world’s largest association serving accounting professionals, preferred provider of financial applications.
- Sage Intacct runs on a multi-tenant foundation, which means that it runs separate data instances (tenants) from a single instance of Sage Intacct. This insures that your data and customizations are isolated from the actions and inputs of other tenants.
While it may not be as customizable as some of its competitors, Quickbooks is widely acknowledged as one of the best accounting software options for both accounting professionals and users who are new to accounting. You can easily integrate Salesforce and Quickbooks.
You may consider using Quickbooks if you need accounting software that is very easy to learn.
- A simple, easily navigable interface
- A wide variety of tutorial videos and a virtual orientation
- A lack of jargon in the software so that small business owners (who may have limited experience and knowledge in accounting) can manage all accounts.
Xero is one of the most affordable and popular options for small businesses. You can choose from multiple pricing plans and can opt into more features as your needs change. It fully integrates with Salesforce and many other third-party services.
Xero’s unique selling features include:
- A well reviewed Mobile app.
- Flexibility with its features and plan options. (The Early plan costs only $9 per month).
- Easy registration and an intuitive interface.
Once you have determined what kind of accounting software your company needs, you can look for many options and can feel confident that all of the most reliable and established options will offer easy third party integrations with Salesforce.
More and more companies are investing in third party integrations. Therefore, when you are looking for the best accounting software for your company, you will have a huge array of options.
Ultimately, almost any well established accounting software will allow you to seamlessly and inexpensively integrate with Salesforce or most other CRM options.
So, you can find the accounting software that best fits your current needs and know that you can integrate your software with other platforms as your company grows and your needs change.
Click to setup an evaluation.