Why Building Your Business’ Tech Stack Without a Solution Blueprint Is a Recipe for Disaster
Like most business owners, you want to ensure that your technology is as efficient and reliable as possible. After all, your business depends on it. But what happens if you try to implement new technology without a thorough game plan?
The answer: not much good. In fact, trying to build your business’ tech stack without a solution blueprint is a recipe for disaster.
In this blog post, we’ll explain the problems that may arise if you plan to implement technology without a thorough game plan. Read on to learn more!
What are the Benefits of a Solution Blueprint?
Solution blueprints include all the necessary information, such as a timeline, budget, and resources required to implement new technology within your organization to see results right from the start.
Creating a solution blueprint before you build your tech stack will help you avoid potential problems. It is especially helpful in terms of ensuring new technology can integrate effectively with the other tools that are part of your tech stack. Doing this ensures that data from all your systems can sync with the new solution—and vice versa.
We tell clients all the time that they wouldn’t build a house without a blueprint, so why would you not want to blueprint your company’s tech architecture? Not having a solution blueprint can lead to several problems, such as:
- Unclear objectives and scope – Without a solution blueprint, it’s easy to get sidetracked or lose sight of your ultimate goal. This can result in wasted time and resources.
- Lack of coordination – If different members of your team are working on the same project without a solution blueprint, it’s likely that there will be a lack of communication and coordination. This can lead to duplication of effort and confusion.
- Poor quality – Without a solution blueprint, it’s more difficult to ensure that the final product meets your standards. This can lead to frustration and disappointment.
For example, let’s say that you’re planning to implement a new CRM system. If you don’t have a solution blueprint in place, you may forget to purchase the necessary licenses or training for your team.
On the other hand, if you have a solution blueprint, you can avoid these pitfalls.
A solution blueprint gives you a clear and concise roadmap to follow, saving you time, money, and headaches in the long run.
[Learn More: What is Business Blueprinting and Why Does it Matter?]
How Can a Solution Blueprint Ensure My Tech Implementation is Successful?
If you’re unsure how to create a solution blueprint, don’t worry – we can help!
At BrainSell, we specialize in creating solution blueprints that are tailored to each client’s unique needs. We consider your company’s size, industry, current business processes, and existing technology to create a solution blueprint that will set you up for growth and scale.
When beginning a tech implementation journey, here are a few tips we often suggest:
- Define your objectives and scope – Be sure to clearly define your objectives and scope before you start building your tech stack. This will help you stay focused and on track.
- Get input from all stakeholders – It’s important to get input from all stakeholders before you start building your tech stack. This will help ensure that everyone is on the same page and that there are no surprises down the road.
- Work with an experienced solution architect – An experienced solution architect will be able to help you create a solution blueprint that meets your specific needs.
Want to Get it Right the First Time? Get in Touch with BrainSell!
As you can see, there are many advantages to having a solution blueprint in place before you start building your tech stack.
If you want to avoid a technology implementation failure, it’s important to take the time to create a thorough plan before you get started.
By doing so, you’ll be able to save time and money in the long run.
If you have any questions about solution blueprints or tech stack development, feel free to contact us today. We’d be happy to chat with you about your specific needs!
Stay in the Loop!
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!