Frequently Asked Questions: BrainSell’s Sage Intacct FAQ
Sage Intacct is one of the most popular accounting software programs available today. It’s known for its ease of use and flexibility, making it an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes. However, many questions arise from users while navigating the ins and outs of the platform.
We’ve put together a list of Sage Intacct FAQs to help users make the most out of their investment.
Read on to learn more!
Question: What key functionalities does Sage Intacct have?
Accounting and ERP:
- Includes real-time, multi-dimensional reporting.
- Allows users to consolidate all their entities without spreadsheets.
- Automated accounting processes.
- Payroll and tax filling capabilities.
- Inventory tracking tools.
- Cloud accounting allows users to share data and connect multiple solutions with your financial base.
- Budgeting and planning.
- Live financial data is available via Sage Intacct’s native, bi-directional connector.
- Interactive reports and dashboards.
- What-if scenario modeling allows users to forecast their business in days.
- Dynamic analytics that uses live financial and statistical data.
- Template or customized visuals available for use.
- Easy to build visuals and dashboards.
HR and Payroll:
- Quick and easy to run payroll solution.
- Users can sync employee data to Sage Intacct in real-time.
- Automated core HR processes save your team time and money.
If you’re unsure if Sage Intacct includes all of the core features you’re looking for in an ERP, check out our frequently updated comparison guides, Sage Intacct vs. QuickBooks and Sage Intacct vs. NetSuite.
Question: How can I switch to the cloud from an on-premise solution?
According to IBM, Switching to the cloud from on-premise can be broken down into six steps. Out of these six steps, we narrowed it down to the five we found most important.
1. Create a strategy
Before transitioning to the cloud, you must map exactly what your team or company hopes to accomplish. Understanding your key performance indicators will help you know where your company stands and where you wish to go.
2. Decide which applications and processes you need to migrate
Building out an analysis of current HR systems and applications will help you understand which systems need to be moved to the cloud. In some cases, not every application makes sense for a business.
3. Develop a roadmap
Creating a clear roadmap is vital in ensuring that your plan is successful. A clear vision and a strategy will help you make the most out of your investment and reach your goals.
4. Determine a cloud provider
Selecting a cloud provider is a key part of ensuring your mitigation process runs smoothly. You must trust your cloud provider to get the job done professionally and promptly.
5. Execution Stage
Depending on the complexity of your applications and data, moving from on-premises to the cloud can look different.
If you’re currently running an on-premise ERP solution, visit our “Migrating from Sage 100 to Sage Intacct” page to learn when it’s time to switch to the cloud and what to expect.
Question: Why should I upgrade to Sage Intacct?
Sage Intacct is a flexible accounting solution built on the cloud. This means that Sage Intacct runs in cloud data centers accessible over the internet by any user with permission. Cloud ERP saves money on internal infrastructure costs and protects information in secure data centers. Your staff can access your ERP anytime, anywhere, on any device through Sage Intacct.
In addition to automated accounting capabilities, Sage Intacct is scalable, allowing you to easily handle growing numbers of users, transactions, and customers.
Question: How will Sage Intacct help me save money?
Users can save money through payment automation for vendors ordering early payment discounts, managing and tracking inventory and COGS, and maintaining accurate tax reporting to help eliminate interest, late fees, or charges applied by tax authorities.
In addition, users save costs by eliminating professional service hours needed for manual upgrades (which can be pricey and time-consuming).
Question: What types of processes does Sage Intacct automate?
Sage Intacct automates many accounting processes, including:
- Billing and invoicing
- Expense reports
- Journal entries
- Revenue recognition
- Project tracking
- Order management
Question: How much does Sage Intacct cost?
Sage Intacct is a customizable and unique accounting solution. Therefore there isn’t a standard price. We see the cost of implementation, along with an annual subscription, cost anywhere between $10,000 – $90,000 per year, depending on company needs.
Question: What makes Sage Intacct different from QuickBooks?
Sage Intacct was designed for businesses that need more than basic accounting and bookkeeping capabilities. Unlike QuickBooks, Sage Intacct is a complete financial management solution that can automate your core accounting processes and give you real-time visibility into your financial data.
Sage Intacct also offers built-in flexibility, so you can easily modify the system to fit your unique business needs. And because Sage Intacct runs in the cloud, you can access it anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Question: Do I have to pay for upgrades?
Because Sage Intacct is a cloud-based system, updates are included at no extra cost. Users are entitled to 4 updates a year and don’t have to deal with a timely and manual upgrade process.
Question: How long does the implementation process take?
A Sage Intacct implementation can take anywhere up from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the project. Before the process begins, our experts will work closely with you to accommodate accordingly to changes.
Question: What type of financial reporting does Sage Intacct provide?
- Built-in tools to analyze and drill down to real-time source data without wasting time exporting data to spreadsheets and external reporting tools.
- Customizable dashboards provide daily visibility into metrics, reports, and charts for quick insights.
- The financial report center houses financial reports and statements in a single location.
- Ability to modify and duplicate reports.
- General ledger.
- In-depth look-up and analysis of transactional data.
With Sage Intacct, you’ll have all the financial reporting tools you need to make informed business decisions efficiently and securely.
Questions Still Unanswered?
BrainSell is here to help with all your Sage Intacct questions. Submit a support ticket, and we'd be more than happy to get you the answers you need so you can focus on growing your business.Submit Ticket
Stay in the Loop!
Subscribe to get all our latest content sent directly to your inbox!